Astellas Pharma Assistant Director, Value Strategy & Access Solutions in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Assistant Director, Value Strategy & Access Solutions in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Assistant Director, Value Strategy & Access Solutions (VSAS) will be a key member of the VSAS team and the zolbetuximab launch team. Responsible for the development and execution of value proposition & access solutions strategic and tactical plans for the launch of zolbetuximab and its companion diagnostic (CDx) in gastric and gastroesophageal cancer in the US. Requires strong leadership skills, including the ability to lead without authority. Must have the ability to integrate data/information from brand team, medical, HEOR, Health Systems (HS) leadership, and primary and secondary market research to develop strategies and tactics that ensure a successful launch. Must have a strong understanding of the various health system external customers with regards to market access and marketing/distribution channels. Responsibilities include building strong collaboration with cross-functional colleagues, including Brand Marketing, HS Leadership, Sales Leadership, Global, Commerical Learning & Development, Market Research, Regulatory, Legal, Medical Affairs, HEOR, and agency partners to ensure launch success.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Value Strategy & Access Solutions lead on the pre-launch and launch activities for zolbetuximab and its companion diagnostic (CDx) in gastric and gastroesophageal cancer in the US.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional partners to ensure alignment on the development and implementation of pre-launch and launch strategic and tactical programs for the various HS account teams.
- Lead the creation of PIE resources to educate payor and IDN customers in advance of the launch-readiness.
- Work closely with HEOR and CL&D on the training/roll-out of PIE resources to assigned Health System teams.
- Serve as the liaison to Health Systems Leadership, i.e. contracting, access and reimbursement, payer and channel, to provide timely updates on key decisions, align on strategy and tactics, and ensure full understanding of all HS pre-launch activities.
- Responsible for managing pre-launch budget, coordinating with the oncology brand team as needed, to ensure alignment of tactics with brand strategies.
- Manage outside agencies in the following capacities: strategic and tactical planning, project estimate development, including budgets, time management and execution of projects.
- Financial performance (market share, units, profitability)
- Health Systems Marketing strategy, management, and execution
- Customer satisfaction and experience -- enabling strong, business-centric, collaborative relationships with customers, both internal and external
- Driving business performance through effective cross-functional team dynamics and collaborative initiatives
- Contribute to broader organization by leveraging and sharing best practices
- Efficient use of resources including: management of vendors, negotiation for services both internally and externally, and monitoring of budgets
This individual will report to the Associate Director, Value Strategy & Access Solutions. This is a strategic position that requires the individual to develop strong partnerships with internal stakeholders, including senior leadership both within Health Systems and the sales organization, as well as oncology brand marketing, legal, regulatory, medical, HEOR, global, insights & analytics to name a few. This role requires high level of collaboration. The role requires the individual to have consistent, clear, concise, and pro-active communication to ensure the sharing of ideas with the goal of gaining alignment on the development of creative strategies and corresponding resources that support the prelaunch and launch strategies for zolbetuximab and its companion diagnostic (CDx) in gastric and gastroesophageal cancer.
- Four-year college degree in related field
- 10+ years of relevant or related pharmaceutical experience, including prior brand marketing or health systems market access experience
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals and demonstrated ability to drive performance
- Demonstrated understanding of managed markets and the US healthcare system
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- New Product Launch Experience
- Proven ability to use analytical skills and critical thinking to diagnose business issues and adjust plans accordingly
- Ability to create, implement and iterate impactful action plans, tactics and programs with clear and measurable outcomes to the business and customers
- Understanding of US reimbursement landscape, including Buy and Bill products
- Strong project management skills with the ability to proactively manage competing priorities
- Ability to present complex issues to higher level management and contribute to high level presentations and discussions
- Ability to manage expense budgets to optimize returns
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize projects
- Proficient in power-point / excel
- Willingness to travel (20% - 30%)
- Advanced Degree/Education in a related discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of marketing experience
- Knowledge of the Oncology market, ideally within gastric/GEJ cancer
- Experience with biomarker-driven targeted therapies
- Knowledge of and recent experience in launching an oncology drug
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Health Systems