Astellas Pharma Director, Knowledge Management in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Director, Knowledge Management opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope of Position:
The Director of Knowledge Management will lead and develop the implementation of the knowledge management program, developing and implementing effective information management capability and change management, including information standards and solutions.
This individual must collaborate not only within the AIA group, but also across all divisions, enabling and aligning knowledge management initiatives and processes.
This role will help develop and work closely with an Information Governance committee ensuring strategic direction and implementation of the Knowledge Management roadmap.
Success in this role requires staying current with the latest solutions, industry trends, standards, security and privacy policies and business applications in Knowledge Management. Success also requires effective and efficient strategic balancing of various stakeholder needs and opportunities across the enterprise.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Design, establish, implement and mature the global Knowledge Management strategic roadmap balancing priorities and opportunities related to data analytics and operations
- Develop a knowledge management framework and set the standards to increase the opportunity / value creation, risk management, and managing of information across the enterprise
- Create, manage and measure program metrics to drive program and report to Leadership teams
- Establish cross functional operational model for alignment across various initiatives related to Knowledge Management
- Accountable for Knowledge Management capability implementation through relationships, socialization, and communications with internal and external partners
- Serve as the subject matter expertise in knowledge management around processes, tools / technology, controls, and monitoring, with a key role in knowledge management initiatives
- Accountable for ensuring successful implementation of a knowledge management framework focused on standards, policies, and processes to maximize the value of assets, through quality and risk management
Develop framework and maintain enterprise search capability of information assets, solutions, and knowledge management initiatives
Development and implementation of information standards, protection standards to enable enterprise search capabilities
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the Knowledge Management Program ensuring the program is maintained current with industry standards and support key company initiatives.
This role may be responsible for several contract resources and Director-level or Manager level direct reports.
- 7+ years of experience in knowledge management systems and, information management processes preferably with experience across various domains
- Experience developing/implementing or ensuring an enterprise wide knowledge management program
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, with ability to interact with all levels of the organization. Must be able to translate between technical and business management to effectively achieve results
- Experience leading large, strategic global initiatives and global functions with significant influence (without authority) across an entire enterprise.
- Lifesciences and healthcare experience
- Attention to detail, effective problem solver, assertive decision maker, facilitator and communicator
- Knowledge of compliance, privacy and safety pertinent to pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to adapt and respond effectively to change, delay and or shifting priorities and goals
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to aggressively drive project milestones to successful completion.
- Experience working with information vendors to ensure the quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Experience managing internal and external resources for operations and project work
- Relevant Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred
- 3-4 years relevant experience in healthcare/ life sciences environment
- Solid understanding of Information / Knowledge Management methodologies and solutions
- Develop and lead teams of information stewards in direction, process and objectives
- Hands on experience operating and implementing information management solutions
- Experience in understanding complex source system data structures -- pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Cross-cultural project management and communication experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Advanced Informatics & Analytics