Astellas Pharma Senior Manager R&D Finance Business Partner in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Finance Manager: PV, RA, CRQA Business Partner opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Position & Scope:
This position is responsible for the Financial Business Partnering with Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory Affairs and Clinical & Research Quality Assurance functions globally, and within the Americas. This includes oversight of the consolidation, financial reporting and analysis of all functional and project expenses. This role will partner and provide decision support, summarize and analyze financial plans, and financial results using information submitted from the PV, RA, CRQA department heads, and from affiliate finance teams. The position will work closely with global R&D Finance colleagues and the Finance Centre of Excellence to provide insightful financial reporting to customers. It supports the objectives of the Sr Finance Director - PV, RA, CRQA.
This role has important partnerships with R&D Finance leadership and peers, and supporting the PV, RA, CRQA divisions in the US, London, Leiden, Tokyo and Singapore.
Finance Responsibilities: PV, RA, CRQA Global Budgets: 238 Oku Yen/$227m
Other: Global Headcount: 950, Affiliates: 35
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide stakeholders with accurate, timely financial analysis and reporting to support decision making, and drive business awareness.
- Provide advice and guidance on business performance with insights to the causes of variances. Interpret financial reports, identify and evaluate risks and opportunities, while applying appropriate risk mitigation where necessary.
- Partner with the business to assess, challenge and deliver key projects, ensuring benefit tracking and realization.
- Work with function heads to adjust and challenge plans to achieve goals while meeting financial and headcount targets.
- Understand the business operations and strategy to appropriately challenge or champion proposed investments.
- Develop, consolidate and deliver regional financial plans (managerial), supporting global planning and consolidation for PV, RA, CRQA. Collaborating across regions, business and finance teams to gain appropriate input.
- Works with R&D Finance team members to deliver variance analysis.
- Collaborates with the R&D Finance Centre of Excellence team to produce timely and accurate financial information for PV, RA, CRQA, including approving entries or providing business context to accounting teams.
- Identify and support opportunities for process improvements within R&D Finance and wider stakeholders' operations.
- Maintains compliance with policies, GAAP/IFRS, J-SOX, and all other legal or regulatory requirements.
- Other such duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
- This position reports to the Sr Finance Director - PV, RA, CRQA, based in Northbrook.
- The primary partners of this role are PV, RA, CRQA department heads, affiliate associates and affiliate finance teams.
- This position is part of the R&D Finance team that provides services to all the business units reporting to Astellas' Chief Medical Officer.
- There are roles on the R&D Finance team based in Northbrook supporting other business units. Collaboration and best practices sharing across R&D Finance is expected.
- This position has responsibilities for consolidating reporting for PV, RA, CRQA through coordination and processes established with the R&D Finance Regional and affiliate finance counterparts.
Specific Physical or Environmental Requirements:
- This position is located in Northbrook IL providing support to regional and globally department heads.
- Ability to travel internationally as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills, strong teamwork and partner behaviors.
- Ability to operate effectively within a global environment, using remote communication, and appreciating different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment supporting multiple projects and demands on time.
- Undergraduate degree with emphasis in Finance or Accounting or Life Sciences undergraduate / MBA combination.
- 7+ years of financial analysis and / or accounting experience, preferably in a multi-national, multi-currency environment.
- 3+ years' experience managing and coaching staff.
Job Specific Skills
- Strong analytical skills and formation of data into useful information for Finance and business customers.
- Working knowledge of internal controls and J-Sox, IFRS.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English.
- Adept with MS Office applications.
- Experience working with enterprise grade accounting, reporting and ERP systems (Anaplan, SAP, Hyperion, etc.)
- CPA, CA, CMA, CIMA, CGMA or equivalent.
- Experience supporting biopharma in a finance or planning role.
- Experience with Anaplan, Hyprerion and SAP.
- Experience improving financial planning and reporting activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled