Astellas Pharma Project Manager, Science Programs in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells and have a major effort in R&D. We design and produce stem cells that avoid rejection, and we engineer cells with improved therapeutic properties, all through our world-class gene editing platform.
Our goal is to provide cells for regenerative medicine applications that can treat all patients. Through internal R&D and our corporate partnerships, we are pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, including blindness, cancer, vascular insufficiency, and autoimmune diseases.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing a Project Manager, Science Programs opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
The primary purpose of the Scientific Programs, Project Manager will provide critical project management support and interface with internal teams and Chief Science Officer. The Scientific Programs, PM will serve as a technical subject matter expert (SME) to ensure that timelines are met, that project status, deliverables and roadblocks are captured/communicated and will provide strategic coordination for all aspects of ongoing research related activity.
Universal Cells is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's health around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Works with Senior Management and Research Team Leaders to develop, track and revise project plans as appropriate to meet needs and requirements of Universal Cells Research organization.
- In conjunction with Chief Science Officer and Executive Leadership team, may provide scientific & technical leadership in making recommendations to determine research priorities and research projects, ensuring that programs meet specified objectives.
- Communicates scheduling and status for Research experiments and activities.
- Develops and tracks project milestones, deliverables, risks, action items and decisions, using appropriate tools.
- Directly interfaces with Research team members to generate and evaluate technical content of presentation materials.
- Reports project progress to all key stakeholders and maintains data summary slides.
- Advances clinical development programs by ensuring all research projects are monitored and evaluated by senior management.
- Serves as liaison with external and internal Astellas contacts, manages day-to-day communications related to projects, organizes project team meetings, prepares meeting agenda and minutes, and follows up on action items.
- Evaluates and assesses project results and provides recommendations for future improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned or special projects as needed
- BA/BS in Life Sciences or similar
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritize activities and skilled at getting teams to set and/or meet deadlines
- Ability to think critically about projects, experiments and outcomes as related to company objectives
- Keen organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate and up to date records
- Strong work ethic with a passion for working in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse work environment
- Proficient in MS Project and MS Office Suite
- Contains a drive for organizational excellence and efficiency
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development