Astellas Pharma Research Associate II, In Vivo in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells and have a major effort in R&D. We design and produce stem cells that avoid rejection, and we engineer cells with improved therapeutic properties, all through our world-class gene editing platform.
Our goal is to provide cells for regenerative medicine applications that can treat all patients. Through internal R&D and our corporate partnerships, we are pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, including blindness, cancer, vascular insufficiency, and autoimmune diseases.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing a Research Associate II, In Vivo opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
The primary purpose of the Research Associate II is to perform in vivo studies supporting the development of novel stem cell derived cellular therapies. This position will work primarily in a laboratory setting with Scientist and R&D teams.
Universal Cells is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's health around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Participates in developing, optimizing and troubleshooting in vivo models of oncology and autoimmunity in rodents
- Performs and interprets preclinical efficacy studies, including dosing, measurements, and post-procedural monitoring
- Collaborates with supervisory personnel to design, schedule, and execute in vivo experiments
- Performs experiments with a careful attention to detail
- Accurately records procedures, data, and results
- Interprets data, draws conclusions from experimental work, and presents in team meetings
- Collaborates across teams within R&D, and other teams within Universal Cells
- Performs other duties as assigned or special projects as needed
- BS degree with 3+ years or MS with 0-2 years of laboratory experience
- Hands-on experience with in vivo models of oncology, immunology and autoimmunity, including proficiency in multiple routes of administration (IM, ID, SC, IV, etc.), organ and tissue harvesting, and blood collection techniques
- Ability to review, comprehend, and comply with all standard operation procedures (SOPs) and quality assurance standards pertaining to laboratory animals
- Diligence, and meticulous attention to detail in experimentation and record keeping
- Willingness to learn and enthusiasm to be part of the development of a cutting-edge therapy platform
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving skills and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with supervision and ability to effectively collaborate across teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and genuine care for animals
- AALAS certification a plus
- Strong scientific training and laboratory skills in stem cell biology, immunology, immuno-oncology, and oncology
- Hands-on experience with ex vivo tissue processing, including immune cell isolation and characterization by flow cytometry, multiplex immunohistochemistry, and other ex vivo assays
- Experience with in vivo imaging techniques
- Experience in cell culture and cell line maintenance
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development