Astellas Pharma Assistant Director Oncology Marketing in United States
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Assistant Director, Oncology Marketing in the field nationwide.
Purpose & Scope:
The Assistant Director, Health Care Provider (HCP) Promo for zolbetuximab will be a key member of the brand team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing core HCP messaging based on market knowledge, customer insights, and brand strategy, and implementation of promotional materials for the sales force and other channels. This person is responsible for flawless execution of promotional tactics working in close collaboration with partners, especially: Global, Sales, Sales Training, Market Research, Regulatory, Legal, Medical Affairs, other members of the brand team, and agencies.
Specific responsibilities will evolve based on the needs of the brand, lifecycle of the brand, and competencies required on specific projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare for the launch of zolbetuximab and its companion diagnostic (CDx) in gastric and gastroesophageal cancer in the US
- Lead the development of the disease state awareness promotional strategy and execution; and implement accordingly across relevant channels
- Lead the development and execution of promotional tactics for zolbetuximab and its CDx to drive market share and achieve sales targets. Measure effectiveness on an ongoing basis and recommend changes accordingly.
- Partner with Sales and Sales Training to drive field training approach. Ensure deep understanding of disease state and brand, and successful implementation of marketing programs.
- Ensure that materials and programs are highly effective and compliant by owning projects through the Medical, Legal and Regulatory review process.
- Collaborate with market research on the design and assessment of brand, CDx and disease state projects; leverage and share insights cross-functionally to improve execution across the commercial organization.
- Drive all digital and other non-personal promotional efforts to execute against consistent strategic messaging to HCP customers.
- Manage outside agencies in the following capacities: project estimate development, time management, and execution of projects, and assuring consistency with product positioning, brand guidelines, Astellas goals, direction, and ethics.
- Contribute to the development of the annual brand and tactical plan.
- Track and manage detailed budget for responsible tactics.
- Ensure all work is completed in an ethical and compliant manner.
- Financial performance (market share, units, profitability)
- Marketing strategy, management, and execution
- Customer satisfaction and experience -- enabling strong, business-centric, collaborative relationships with customers, both internal and external
- Driving business performance through effective cross-functional team dynamics and collaborative initiatives
- Contribute to broader organization by leveraging and sharing best practices
- Efficient use of resources including: management of vendors, negotiation for services both internally and externally, and monitoring of budgets
This individual will report to the Director, Oncology Marketing. This position does not have any direct reports but will need to fully develop working relationships with external partners and internal colleagues from other departments (including global, market research, legal, and regulatory). More frequent contact and collaboration with VP levels will begin at this level. This role requires high levels of collaboration for success and will need to be consistently demonstrated through the sharing of ideas that leads to creative solutions.
- Bachelors degree
- 10+ years of relevant pharmaceutical experience, including prior brand marketing experience
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals and demonstrated ability to drive performance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to use analytical skills and critical thinking to diagnose business issues and adjust plans accordingly
- Ability to create, implement and iterate impactful action plans, tactics and programs with clear and measurable outcomes to the business and the customer
- Strong project management skills with the ability to proactively manage competing priorities
- Ability to present complex issues to higher level management and contribute to high level presentations and discussions is a must.
- Ability to travel up to 30%, with the possibility of increased travel if not based in Northbrook, IL
- MBA degree
- Knowledge of the Oncology market, ideally within gastric/GEJ cancer
- Marketing and/or experience in Oncology
- Marketing and/or experience with biomarker-driven targeted therapies
- Knowledge of and recent experience in launching an oncology drug
- Knowledge of and recent experience in launching a novel companion diagnostic
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled