Astellas Pharma Lab Maintenance, Facilities Associate in Westborough, Massachusetts
The Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma and focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's heath around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture. There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
AIRM has a world-class R&D team, and is pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, ranging from macular degeneration (currently in clinical trials) and other ocular indications to vascular and autoimmune disease. AIRM's intellectual property portfolio includes pluripotent stem cell platforms -- both embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells as well as other cell-based therapy research programs. AIRM is headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
Astellas is announcing a Lab Maintenance, Facilities Associate opportunity at their Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) site in Westborough, MA.
The Facilities Associate, reports to the Sr. Manager, Facilities, and helps oversee the day-to-day operations of the AIRM Facilities. This individual performs a variety of duties including laboratory equipment maintenance, safety, general lab stock / inventory, and building maintenance. The incumbent should be a highly motivated self-starter who is mechanically inclined, comfortable working in a hands-on environment particularly in laboratories, and has interest in taking on increasing responsibilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Initiate planned calibration and maintenance programs for a variety of lab equipment
- Maintenance and installation of lab equipment such as Incubators, refrigeration units, freezers, rtPCR equipment, Flow cytometers, etc...
- Assist with all aspects of vendor contract management
- Assist with budget planning and facility modifications, including cost estimates, for the lab
- Maintain the call-out system for lab equipment and emergency related calling
- Assist with all physical facility issues as directed
- Handle minor building repairs; source contractors for building repair and ensure work is completed to standard, on schedule, and within budget.
- Forecast, order and maintain stock for lab and facilities repairs
- Participate in the rotating, 24/7 facility on-call program
- Some clerical tasks/data entry
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years facility experience or equivalent
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Associates Degree
- Experience in a laboratory setting
- Laboratory management experience
- Laboratory research experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Marketing Operations